It’s important to have a great credit card to open tabs with at the bar every weekend. Therefore, I have evaluated which cards I believe are the best. Personally, I run with an American Express Blue Cash as my main card, and back it up with the Citi Dividend Platinum Select for the times that AMEX isn’t accepted. I personally prefer to get cash back rewards but we have listed what we believe is the best whether you are a student or looking for flyer miles. Check it out.
Blue Cash from American Express – Best Cash Back Offer
- Earn a $25 statement credit with $500 in eligible spending
- No annual fee, 0% intro APR on purchases for up to 12 months, flexibility to pay over time
- Earn up to 5% cash back on eligible purchases at supermarkets, gas stations, drugstores, and more
- No limit on the cash back you can earn
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – Best Rewards Offer
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months- that’s worth $625 toward airfare or hotel accommodations!
- Points go 25% farther when you travel – For example, 50,000 points can be redeemed for two flights worth up to $312.50 each, which would usually cost 62,500 points. Just book your flight, cruise, or other travel through Ultimate RewardsSM
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you use your card on purchases made outside of the United States.
- Earn a 7% annual points dividend – even on points already redeemed
- Redeem your points at leading airlines and hotels at a 1:1 value
- 2X points earned on airfare & hotel accommodations booked through Ultimate Rewards and 1 point for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- When you call us, our phones are answered by people, not prompts
- No Annual Fee for your first year – A $95 value
Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express – Best Travel Offer
- Earn up to 30,000 bonus Starpoints(R) – enough for 3 free nights at a Category 4 hotel.
- Redeem Starpoints for free nights at over 1,000 hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries and for free flights on over 350 airlines – all with no blackout dates.
- Earn at least 4 Starpoints per eligible dollar at participating hotels & resorts
- 2011 SmarterTravel(R) Award for “Best Travel Rewards Card”
- Enjoy the first year with no annual fee — a savings of $65
Platinum Card from American Express – Best Business Offer
- 25,000 Membership Rewards(R) points bonus, redeemable for one domestic round-trip Coach-Class airline ticket, when you spend $1,000 during your first three months of Card membership
- New GLOBAL Travel benefits: Priority Pass select airport club access, No Foreign Transaction Fees, Global Entry expedited U.S. immigration pass
- Up to $200 in Airline Fee Credits annually to cover incidental charges on your airline of choice, including checked-baggage fees
- Complimentary Companion Airfare with purchase of qualifying First- or Business-Class international ticket
- 24/7 Platinum Card(R) Concierge service for assistance with reservations, travel, gifts, and more
- FINE HOTELS & RESORTS Program: exclusive upgrades and amenities at over 700 boutique, resort, and luxury hotels worldwide
Citi Platinum Select MasterCard – Best Introductory Offer
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-20.99% based upon your creditworthiness.
- Extra Cash from Citi: enjoy discounts on gift cards, travel, merchandise and more
- Citi® Identity Theft Solutions
- Secure, free online account management
- No annual fee*
Citi Dividend Platinum Select Card – Best Student Offer
- No Cosigner Required
- Earn 5% Cash Back on purchases at supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, convenience stores & utilities (including cable) for 6 months; 1% thereafter*
- Earn at least 2% cash back in popular rotating categories like restaurants, apparel, hotel and more. Enrollment required*
- Earn a full 1% cash back on all other purchases*